Thursday 19 March 2009

Continuation of work

This photograph represents my vision of the stereotype. In this case, a stereotype of a blond, of a secretary.
This look is often portrayed in films, or cheap easy-to-read love novels for women, often written by females.
I have used one of images from this set of photographs for my final photographs.













In comparison to the previous image, I have decided to include another self-portrait. This one, however, is of me, how I normally look.
This self-portrait is actually me. At that precise moment that was me. Even though I look the same, I will never be the same as I was at that particular time, because changes, big or small, happen in us all the time, even if we do not notice.

I have also included one of the images from this set to my final selection of photographs.

What I tried to show is that I am still the same person, yet by simply changing my hair, make-up and clothes I have created different people, as the way you look is the way you are treated by people.
We are full of stereotypes, views, opinions. We only consider one thing pretty, not willing to accept anything different, and to challenge that was very interesting, to show that looks is not everything, that it doesn't say anything about us, particularly through photographs, yet it is what we look at in magazines, on TV, in films, and we believe it, and wish we could have it.

No comments:

Post a Comment